Tuesday 3 March 2020

Sukau Rainforest Lodge – A Spectacular Tour to mesmerizing Rainforest





When I visited Borneo, I must tell you that I entered this unique and huge island with a blank mind, without any expectations. Somewhere on my mind, I had a dream to spot an orangutan in the wild. I just decided to get there when I read an article about the adverse effect of the palm oil industry on the existence of these beautiful creatures, before it’s too late.

I decided to visit Sukau Rainforest Lodge and I just had a trip of a lifetime. Along with orangutans, I also spotted the rare Pygmy Elephants and other animals.

Wildlife Safari Experience
Trust me, I am not a morning person. But I still woke up early in the morning because gliding down the misty river was truly a magical experience. Our tour included boat safaris on electric boats to avoid noise pollution in the wilderness. We enjoyed two safaris at dawn and in the afternoon to improve the chances to find orangutans and other fauna species.


Our guide was very knowledgeable who told us about the wildlife we found. We spotted a herd of giant Pygmy elephants en-route the lodge.  We also spotted a huge crocodile, hornbills, proboscis monkey and finally, the orangutans (kings of the jungle). There were two orangutans and one was eating fruits from the tree and it was truly a dream come true.

We also spotted long-tailed macaques and birds. Witnessing this magical show was truly an emotional moment. Anyone can indulge in this activity as you just have to sit on the boat and witness the live show of wilderness.

If it’s not enough, you can also hit the jungles on a night cruise. I skipped it because I was overwhelmed seeing all the animals in daylight. But you can also see owls and other wildlife species at night you cannot find in daytime.

Resting at Sukau Rainforest Lodge
Sukau Rainforest Lodge is truly a special place you can visit from Sandakan to Sukau. It has good connectivity with raised walkways and is built of local hardwood. It is located on the banks of Kinabatangan River. The lodge is blended with the forest so well that you look at the trees all around when you look outside the window. It is just in the heart of the jungle.

Best Time to Visit Sabah
Overall, the best time to explore the wilderness of Sabah is from May to September. Most people all over the internet will suggest you skip monsoons. I visited Borneo in January 2020. Since it’s the rainy season over there, many people told me to skip this month. Luckily, I didn’t stop. It just rained for a few hours but it didn’t hinder my travel plan. In fact, we enjoyed the pleasant weather with gorgeous and vivid sunsets.

Phone: +918010450000
Email: info@asianadventures.in
https://linktr.ee/aatoursandlodges

Don’t miss joining our ‘conservation-travel’ community! Click Here


No comments:

Post a Comment