Thursday 19 December 2019

Christmas at Walterre





Living in Noida for over a decade I had not yet travelled to Dehradun. For my last  Christmas eve, I planned a family holiday trip to Dehradun and all that I needed was a hotel in Dehradun. I did not want to go with the typical hotel, rather, I was looking for a charming space away from the hustle-bustle, perhaps a quaint place where I and my family could spend some quality time.




My sister suggested visiting Walterre a birder's bungalow which had been on her list of cottages to visit in Dehradun. So we called Asian Adventures who were managing the cottage booking and got our selves a great deal. We learnt the Bungalow belonged to Mr. Grewal an ornithologist (expert on birds), who had built Walterre Homestay in the year 2000.




The Walterre Cottage in Dehradun was a dream come true,  a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers. The Highlight of my Holiday was the friendly staff and delicious food preparations. The serene surroundings lush gardens the symphony of birds singing and beautiful exotic plants around the gardens. Our Christmas eve was memorable, bonfire, delicious snacks followed by a lovely dinner.




It is that time of the year again and makes me nostalgic remembering our lovely family time at Walterre last Christmas.
Planning your Getaway near Delhi? Visit Walterre, BirdersBungalow at The doon valley
Cosy Rooms | FREE meals | Bonfire| Grab this offer https://bit.ly/35Ie08s

E: info@asianadventures.in 
M: +91 8010450000
Don’t miss joining our ‘conservation-travel’ community! Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment