Wednesday 18 December 2019

The Best Winter Holiday - Van Serai, Jageshwar


As the drop in temperatures by December, the voice in my head made me yearn for a trip to a snowy hill station perhaps spend Christmas in the hills. Luckily, I had to look no further. Living in Noida the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand is just a drive way. The hills have always been my favourite holiday destination. The joy of exploring scenic places, forest walks and temple visits.
This winter, my husband and I thought of exploring a different destination in Uttarakhand. Since we have travelled to Pangot, Ranikhet,and Champawat plenty of times in the past, there were a lot of yet unseen places to visit in Kumaon region that we could go to. We thought it would be a nice idea, to begin with, lesser travelled places in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand like Jageshwar, Munsiyari, Mukteshwar etc.





My Chirstmas at Van Serai in Jageshwar, a Hotel in Almora.
While searching for places to visit in Kumaon, I bumped into a few handy blogs written on the Van Serai website. I got to know that they could help us book a Uttarakhand package and being a wellness lodge it had a meditation room and a cafe as well, which is rare in cottages elsewhere and were of my interest. I filled up a booking form, and soon enough a Asian Adventures representative reached out to me and helped me design a perfect hoilday to Jageshwar.









The Van Serai hotel in Jageshwar turned out to be a perfect choice. The manager Bhuvan was gem of a person full of interesting stories. He assisted us to the ancient temples and helped us with local places to visit, the spots for the best sunsets and made arrangements for barbeques and bonfires. We were treated with endless hot snacks- Pakoras and Kachoris and hot cups of tea.




The highlight of my winter holiday was witnessing the snowfall it was a slice of heaven! Jageshwar was not at all taxing to the body, not too crowded either, and the weather was perfect for a winter experience in the hills.


To More Information
E: Info@asianadventures.in
M: +91 8010450000
Don’t miss joining our ‘conservation-travel’ community! Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment